Dr. Sue Power, C Psych is a registered clinical, counselling and school psychologist providing psychotherapy and psychological assessments. She is a member of the Ontario Psychological Association. She has provided individual and family therapy for over 25 years.
Dr. Power holds a B.A. Hons. from Queen’s University and a M.S.W, M.Ed. and PhD from the University of Toronto. She has been trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), psychodynamic, family systems and solution focused therapy models with youth and adults. She has conducted psychological assessments for over 20 years. Dr. Power has had extensive experience working with schools including a part time role as a school psychologist at the Toronto District School Board for several years.
Dr. Power provides the following services:
- Individual and family therapy for youth and adults who are struggling with anxiety, depression, relationship problems or low self-esteem
- Assessments for children and adolescents with learning, emotional or behavioural problems, ADHD, anxiety, depression and low self-esteem
- Assessments for Developmental Disabilities
- Parenting support
- Consultations for Individual Education Plans (IEP) and growth plans in the educational system
- Assessments for Gifted Screening
- Psycho-educational assessments for students planning to attend university or college