Dr. Brendan Andrade, Ph.D., C.Psych.
416-229-1477 ext 237
I am a Registered Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice and Clinician-Scientist at the Child Youth and Family Services at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). I work with children and youth (and their families) challenged with a diverse array of mental and behavioural health challenges including ADHD, oppositional behaviour, anger control difficulties, school related difficulties, anxiety (e.g., Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety etc.), depression, physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, and adjustment difficulties. My therapeutic orientation is primarily Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) which allows me to provide services that are based in research evidence, and are client and family-centred. I conduct detailed psychoeducational and cognitive assessments as well as detailed social-emotional and behavioural assessments.
I am available for weekend appointments.
Listed below are specific areas of practice:
- Psychoeducational and cognitive assessment (e.g., learning disability and school difficulties)
- Gifted assessment
- Social-emotional assessment (e.g., depression, anxiety, adjustment difficulties)
- Trauma assessment (e.g., sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, domestic violence)
- Childhood sexualised behaviour assessment
- Social skills and behavioural assessment
- ADHD (behavioural parent management and individual)
- Behavioural difficulties (e.g., non-compliant behaviour, oppositional behaviour, parenting challenges)
- Mood disorder (e.g., depression, sadness, self-esteem difficulties)
- Anxiety (e.g., social anxiety, school anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobia)
- Trauma (e.g., impact of sexual abuse, physical abuse, domestic violence)
- Adjustment difficulties
- General life stressors