Dr. Sue Power, C Psych is a registered clinical and school psychologist providing psychotherapy and psychological assessments. She is a member of the Canadian Psychological Association and Ontario Psychological Association. She has provided individual and family therapy for over 25 years.
Dr. Power holds a B.A. Hons. from Queen’s University and a M.S.W, M.Ed. and PhD from the University of Toronto. She has been trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) with children and adults and has conducted psychological assessments for the last 15 years. She has had extensive experience working with private schools and school boards, including a part time role as a school psychologist at the Toronto District School Board since 2001.
Dr. Power provides the following services:
- Assessments for children and adolescents with learning, emotional or behavioural problems, ADHD, anxiety, depression and low self-esteem
- Individual and family therapy for children and adolescents struggling with an LD, anxiety, depression, ADHD or low self-esteem
- Assessments for Developmental Disabilities
- Parenting support
- Consultations for Individual Education Plans (IEP) and growth plans in the educational system
- Assessments for Gifted Screening
- Psycho-educational assessments for students planning to attend university or college
- Consultation services for parents, teachers, principals and social workers